Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Limbo in Limbo

So there's no real article today.  I had planned on one of two things but neither came to fruition.  Plan 'A' was to talk about 'Limbo' a creepy, black and white platforming game but I haven't finished it yet so my bad.  Plan 'B' was to, after seeing the discussion get revived in certain arenas, talk about film critic and game neophyte Rogert Ebert's assertion that video games aren't art.  This plan got scrapped because I realized that the article would be too rant-ish and that I'd (and suggest that others follow suit) place about as much value on Mr. Ebert's opinion on video games as I would the opinion of a small kitten on the state of world affairs.  That is to say none.  The man doesn't know what he's talking about and it's pretty clear when he's dismissing games that others have held up as examples of "games as/are art" that he hasn't actually bothered play the game*.  Hopefully there'll be more to talk about next week.

*Or he's played the game and is incredibly stubborn and/or incredibly thick but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here.

No comments:

Post a Comment